Summer is a great time to be outside and enjoy gardening, grilling and relaxing with family and friends. But no one wants to sit on dirty patio furniture or cook on a greasy grill! Here are three places we recommend you keep clean and some tips to help make the process easier.Grill
- Turn on all your burners to high for 15 minutes before grilling. Food debris will then be easy to brush off using a stainless steel bristle brush.
- Once the grill is cool, remove the grates and soak them in a large tub or bucket with hot soapy water. If there is anything else, such as control knobs, grease trays or tubes that are easily removable they can also be soaked.
- There is also a lot of mess that falls below your grill grates. If you take a simple wet/dry shop vac, you can vacuum out the bottom of the grill.
- Most grills sit outside and get regular wear and tear from the environment. The easiest way to clean the outside of the grill is to use warm soapy water. If you have a stainless steel grill you can use a stainless steel cleaner as well.
- Patio furniture is made to withstand rain and storms, so do not be scared to use warm water and soap to clean them.
- The best way to clean the furniture itself is to hose it off using a nozzle that is set to a powerful enough setting to wash away the dirt and grime and wipe it down with warm soapy water.
- If you have vinyl cushion covers, you can take a mix of warm water and soap and wipe them down with a microfiber towel.
- Machine washable cushions are even easier! It is still a good idea to wipe down the cushion before washing it, but there is no need to deep clean.
- If you want to avoid chemicals while cleaning your windows, try mixing one part hot water to one part distilled vinegar
- Squeegee your windows after you washed them to keep them streak-free
- Use steel wool to remove tree sap, adhesive residue or other tough stains
- Use a lint roller to get the dust off of your screens
Cleaning every year can get to be a hassle, so here are a few prevention tips to make the next year easier!
- Clean your furniture at the beginning, middle and end of summer
- Cover your furniture when it is stored over the winter
- If you are able to, wipe everything down and store it inside
- Many furniture sets will come with directions on how to best store it to prevent rust and rotting. Follow the instructions on the tags or booklet that came with the set.
Summer is a time to have fun, play, and enjoy the outdoors. With these simple cleaning tips, you will be able to spend more time basking in the sun and less time cleaning!