Whether you are about to have your carpets cleaned, or just finished having them cleaned- it is important to know what comes next. Luckily, if you work with ServiceMaster Clean, we provide you with all the information you need and answer all your questions.
Even so, it's a good idea to know what to expect, so you can plan your day and not be taken by surprise. Below are several things to expect once your carpet is cleaned. Keep in mind, that each carpet is different, so it's important to get specific instructions and feedback from your technician.
What to Expect:
- Your carpet must be completely dry before you move any furniture back onto it. A good rule of thumb is that any plastic squares or protectors under furniture legs should be kept on for 24 hours or until the carpet is completely dry to prevent any wood stain or color bleeding onto the carpet.
- If a carpet portector was applied, foot traffic should be minimized for up to 24 hours to let product cure. Don’t move any furniture back in place until the carpet protector has cured.
- It is best to avoid walking on the carpet until it is completely dry. This allows the pile to dry in an upright position. If you must walk on the carpet, wear clean white socks, or shoes with protectors on them. Take care to not track in any new dirt or soil while the carpet is drying
- If you had stains from pets or other stains from smelly substances, a residual order can sometimes occur while the cleaning is taking place. While this is normal, the odor is usually gone within 24 hours of the cleaning.
- It will be difficult to keep pets and kids off a drying carpet, so plan to have kids away and pets elsewhere. Be sure to check shoes, feet, and paws for dirt before letting them on the carpet.
Ask your tehcnicition for specfic instructions for your carpet. If you have done your prep work you'll know where spots and areas of concern are, and can be ready to ask the technicitation what to expect. Warm air will help the carpet fibers dry quicker. If you are in a cold season (autumn or winter), try turning up the heat and pointing a fan downward towards the carpet. If you are in a warmer season (spring or summer) try turning the AC off, opening windows and turning on house fans.
Make sure you catch our post on 4 Ways to Prepare for Carpet Cleaning.
Reach out ServiceMaster Clean with any questions or to schedule an appointment. We back our work up with 60+ years of industry expertise and a passion for excellence and customer service.
Solutions offered by ServiceMaster Clean: