Mold can be a real issue in our homes – and, left unchecked can lead to significant health issues.
Did you know ServiceMaster by Ayotte offers continuing education classes for insurance agents, adjusters, and real estate professionals on water damage mitigation and mold remediation? Meaning we can offer tips and strategies to individuals homeowners, too.
If you suspect you have a small amount of mold in your home, here are some basic strategies to get it cleaned up:
- Immediately dry all wet building materials.
- Remove and dispose of any materials contaminated with mold.
- Disinfect area with ¼ to ½ cup of bleach per gallon of water.
- Dry surfaces where the mold appeared, making sure to collect any excess water.
- Be on alert for future mold growth.