The new school year is right around the corner! Wouldn't it be great to start this one off organized and healthy? To help with this seemingly unaccomplishable task, we have put together a few tips to keep your family healthy and home clean:
1) Teach your kids about proper handwashingProper handwashing techniques are one of the best ways to help cut back on illnesses. Try following these easy steps:
- Wet your hands with clean running water, turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Bring on the suds by rubbing your hands together. Scrub the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails. You should do this for at least 20 seconds. Don't know how long that is? Hum the "Happy Birthday" song from beginning to end twice.
- Finally, rinse your hands well under clean running water and dry your hands using a clean towel.
2) Practice healthy cold and flu prevention methodsTry to avoid contact with sick people. If your kids end up getting sick, keep them home from school and extracurricular activities. Have them wash their hands frequently, while also cleaning and disinfecting areas that may have come in contact with germs (backpacks, pens/pencils, jackets, etc.).
3) Have a well-balanced dietEating a balanced diet is essential to staying healthy. It is no secret that school lunches aren't as fulfilling as we would hope, so it is important to have healthy meals and snacks at home. Snacks like fruit, vegetables, oats and nuts, cheese, etc. are great options!
4) Clean the playroom
Keep the germs at bay by cleaning your children's playroom frequently. Use either disinfectant wipes or a mixture of vinegar and water to wipe down all of the toys and furniture.
5) Disinfect the area where everyone drops everything
Every day we come in contact with new germs and bring them home with us. A great way to keep your home clean is to disinfect the area where everyone drops their stuff (you know the spot)!
6) Donate disinfectant wipes and cleaning supplies
At the beginning of every school year, teachers ask for donations of cleaning supplies. While this may seem like a hassle, it is the best way to keep your family and friends healthy during the school year.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing quality service and peace of mind for all of our customers, utilizing clear and consistent communication, authentic care, and integrity in all we do. We hope that these tips help you start the school year off right! If there are any other cleaning needs you have, give us a call!