When the last of the snow finally disappears our thoughts turn to spring-cleaning. After our homes have been closed up for many months with dogs and kids tracking in snow, salt, and mud throughout the long winter season we’re ready to open the windows and freshen everything up.
But, when we open the windows, all those pesky allergens that seem to be popping up everywhere find their way inside.
Is it possible to clean up from winter at the same time as preparing for spring? Yes!
Here are a few housecleaning tips to ease allergies:
1. Vacuum once or twice a week
2. Wash sheets weekly in hot water
3. Use a damp cloth or mop to trap allergens rather than knocking them into the air.
4. Clean outside entryways and patios so that allergens are less likely to be tracked inside.
5. Don’t forget to dust curtains and blinds – they’re natural dust collectors.
6. And, have your carpets professionally cleaned!
Professional carpet cleaning purifies the air in your home by removing the allergy triggering particles that cause sniffles, sneezes, and runny noses. While keeping your home clean and clutter-free is an important part of keeping allergens in check, a professional cleaning insures you get rid of all those pesky particles that may be just a little too stubborn for your home vacuum.
We can help spring clean your home from top to bottom – in fact, it’s one of our favorite things to do! Call us today to set up an appointment.